Friday, January 8, 2010

Basement House How Can I Cool My House With Basement Air?

How can I cool my house with basement air? - basement house

I have a small farm of 60 2-BR, in northern Illinois, central heating with forced air and A / C. The basement is unfinished, and in 90-degree day is a constant 65 degrees, even cooler in the concrete floor. It is an exhaust pipe (which is closed) to the basement and not the air intake.

Could you refresh my house on a hot day by drilling a few holes in the intake ducts in the basement and the fan running alone? Minimum of delay in implementing A / C? Perhaps the cellar door is open to facilitate air flow to?

I've tested for radon, and no problem. If this practice is, what can I do to maximize the exchange of air? More bays? Running an entrance on the ground?

Will I get feedback from experts in environmental technology. Thank you!

2 comments:

  1. You can put some documents on the return line when your heater is in a separate room, if gravity vented so that the fan pull the carbon monoxide in your home. Another thing is what can happen that if your basement has a musty smell, put the track throughout your home. Often, the fan runs continuously your home help feeling cooler.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! Yes, it is possible to do so. Good luck

    ReplyDelete